- Require frequent repetition of words?
- Have difficulty following conversations involving more than two people?
- Think others sound muffled or like they’re mumbling?
- Have difficulty hearing in noisy situations, like conferences, restaurants, malls, or crowded meeting rooms?
- Have trouble hearing children and/or women?
- Have the TV or radio turned up to a high volume?
- Answer or respond inappropriately in conversations?
- Read lips or more intently watch people’s faces when they speak?
Signs of Hearing Loss
Early signs of hearing loss can be subtle in nature – you might not hear your family across the breakfast table, or you may find yourself saying “what was that?” Understand the early symptoms with these simple questions.